Well it was only a matter of time! The first house in Britain to be made entirely from waste. A live research project based at the University of Brighton, Britains waste house is made almost entirely from rubbish, including 4,000 video cassettes, 2,000 used carpet tiles and 20,000 toothbrushes!Â As reported by the guardian, "As the cost of raw materials continues to rise, the UKâ€™s first A rated energy-efficient building made from waste, may be the first of many". Watch this space!
I am Creative Director & Co-Founder of Co-oproduct. I'm interested in new technological developments and the changing inter-disciplinary boundaries of the product design profession. Over recent years I've become particularly interested in Open Design and the potential these new community-based models have to reshape traditional working methods and practices of design. You can find out more about me in our 'About Us' pages.
Latest from Tracy Cordingley
- Co-oproduct's Jamie Billing discusses why design students should take products apart by Rain Noe of Core77
- Publish your writing or design on Co-oproduct... for free!
- Co-oproduct win #GreenOscars following sustainable 3D Printing from #Waste project with Nestlé and NTU
- Design YouTube Video Suggestions?
- City of London awards Co-oproduct